We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do hotel/accommodation owners meet ferries? Arr 9pm 31st Aug

UK
9 posts
Save Topic
Do hotel/accommodation owners meet ferries? Arr 9pm 31st Aug

Hi there,

I'm after a cheap and cheerful room just for myself on a flying visit to Milos from 31st August to 2nd September from my main base in Sifnos - I'm going kayaking for the first time. At this point in the holiday season, do you think there will be a number of hotel/accommodation owners meeting the ferries? I'm hoping to grab a better deal by waiting until I arrive :)

Thanks in advance,

Emma x

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do hotel/accommodation owners meet ferries? Arr 9pm 31st Aug

I am sure you would find somewhere to stay but personally,I would not want to arrive relatively late in the evening and not know where I was staying.However,it is purely a preference of mine ! There is a pretty decent website www.milos-island.gr which gives lots of accomodation possibilities.It may be worth sending off a few e mails to see what offers you get.

I am sure however you find a room,you will have a great time as Milos is a lovely island with a spectacular coastline,perfect for a kayak trip

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do hotel/accommodation owners meet ferries? Arr 9pm 31st Aug

Last summer we arrived at midnight and there were about 25 people meeting the ferry and most of them were holding up signs for various hotels and Pensions. As I recall we got a pretty nice room for 25 euros about a 10 minute walk into the main waterfront promenade of Adamas. The owner dropped us off at the hotel made sure we got settled in and then headed back to the harbour for the last boat.

I am pretty sure that nothing has changed so you should be able to get a room no problem.

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do hotel/accommodation owners meet ferries? Arr 9pm 31st Aug

The practice of meeting newcomers at the ferries is still going on in Milos. Some room owners do it, usually those without websites. Hardly any hotel owners do, unless they are there to pick up expected guests.

End of August - beginning of September is generally a time when there are vacancies, but there is always the risk of not finding anyone waiting at the ferry, simply because they are booked full and have no need to "fish" for additional guests.

Some of the best properties in Milos, from all price ranges, can be found on this portal: http://www.milos-island.com . You can email the lodging establishments and make an advanced reservation, for peace of mind.

Andreas

DE for Milos

Edited: 8:10 am, July 04, 2012
4. Re: Do hotel/accommodation owners meet ferries? Arr 9pm 31st Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 06, 2013