We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in october

los angeles
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
weather in october

i'll be in milos and santorini for 2 weeks starting in mid-october. can anyone tell me if the weather will be suitable for swimming and sunning? my biggest concern is cold water and possible rain. thanks for any info!

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
858 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in october

Well, I couldn't give you a precise weather forecast, but in general, the weather is good every year in Milos in October.

In 2004 in particular, October in the Cyclades islands was much better than September! Thus far this year, we've had a couple of days of light rain (and one heavy dounpour) in late September, but October is shaping up to be quite good.

It is October 8 as I am writing this comment right now from my house in Adamas, Milos. I can tell you that I've been bicycling every day in shorts and t-shirt and the [few] remaining tourists are visible on the beaches swimming and sunbathing. Only after sundown you might need a sweathirt or light jacket. :)

- Andreas

2. Re: weather in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 25, 2009