We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights in and out of Milos

j b
Narragansett, Rhode...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Flights in and out of Milos

I am unable to find any details on flights in and out of Milos. Does anyone know if there will be flights from Athens to Milos or Milos to Athens this summer?

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

Search http://www.olympicair.com/549-en-gb.cmt and you find it. One or two daily flights from Athens.

j b
Narragansett, Rhode...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

I tried Olympic and there are no flights shown

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

The summer flight schedule isn't showing yet, but as there are around 12 flights a week during the winter;as mentioned above, there will be at least that many in the summer.

Milos, Greece
Level Contributor
889 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

There are usually 2, sometimes 3 flights to/from Milos in the summer every day. The exact schedules may not be announced however, until middle to late Spring.

Andreas

nyc
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

Hi....Can anyone tell me if there are usually flights from Iraklion to Milos in July? Or shall I take a ferry via Santorini?

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

Hey Luca. Very unlikely with flights to Milos from anywhere but Athens.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

Luca - when you refer to a ferry via Santorini I don't know if you're aware that there's a ferry twice a week between Heraklion (aka Iraklion) and Milos that doesn't required a change in Santorini. The current timetable is

Heraklion -> Milos: Tuesday 04.50-12.40 and Thursday 07.10-16.30

Milos->Heraklion: Monday 17.10-01.00 (Tues) and Saturday 05.10-14.30

It's likely to be similar in July - there have been very few changes to this service in recent years.

Although this is a rather long time on the ferry the total journey time is likely to be shorter than that for the fast catamarans via Santorini since you'd usually expect to arrive in Santorini at about noon on one of the Heraklion-Santorini catamarans and have to wait for the Superjet at about 5pm.

Additionally the direct ferry will be much cheaper, since the fast catamarans cost at least twice as much as the traditional slow ferries.

One possible drawback of the direct ferry from Santorini to Milos is that it comes from Rhodes, with a relatively short turnaround time there so when it's been delayed by weather conditions it can be running a few hours late. On the other hand if the wind is very strong the catamarans might not be running so a late ferry will be better than none.

nyc
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

ok, thanks your your responses!

9. Re: Flights in and out of Milos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, March 01, 2013