We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping and kayaking in Milos

Suno, Italy
Level Contributor
209 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
camping and kayaking in Milos

I am planning a holiday in Milos next summer. I would like to camp and rent kayaks for exploring the coast.

Can you suggest any camping sites on the island? I am not looking for a very organized camping. The wilder, the better, for me.

Since I can only plan this trip in August, is it recommended to book the camping placement?

Another question: I would like to rent a kayak, I have read this is possible on the island. Do you have any suggestion about it?

Thanks a lot!

Stefano

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping and kayaking in Milos

Last year I saw several people (free-)camping at the western beaches of Kimolos (especially Ellinika). Kimolos is a fantastic place and its western coast is only a few hundred metres away from Milos.

Also, the beaches in the western part of Milos were terrific and almost deserted. You may try to camp there (it could be illegal - I'm not sure about that).

Edited: 11:24 am, November 28, 2011
Suno, Italy
Level Contributor
209 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camping and kayaking in Milos

Thanks for the advice marian, this could work if I can rent kayaks on the island for a reasonable price. However I'm not sure yet we cvan manage that!

Stefano

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping and kayaking in Milos

I just looked at my Milos guidebook. There is a place called Camping Bungalows Achivadolimni. It says they have camping as well as bungalows and when I looked at their web site it indicated that they also have Kayaks but I am not sure if they rent or do excursions,

The is another company called sea Kayak that offers guided kayak/camping excursions around the island. I would think that if you contact either of them you can find out if they rent Kayaks.

Suno, Italy
Level Contributor
209 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camping and kayaking in Milos

Thank you so much, I'll check the camping site.

I have already seen the sea kayak company, but it's very expensive, and I'm not looking for guided tours, but just rentals. I am a quite experienced paddler.

Stefano

5. Re: camping and kayaking in Milos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 pm, June 22, 2013