We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car or motorbike

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
477 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Car or motorbike

We will be in Milos for 5-6 days next June. My friend has her motorbike licence, I do not. Are a lot of the great views/beaches/sites off-limits to cars? I can get my licence, rather pricey for only using on Milos, but I have been waiting to visit Milos for almost 8 years and don't want to miss a thing!

Thoughts?

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car or motorbike

There are a lot of great beaches in Milos only accessible by boat.

Whether you drive a car or motorbike does not matter all that much, but a 4X4 is definitely recommended for the remote beaches of the west and east coasts that are accessible by vehicle.

It is hard to find a motorbike to rent in Milos, but some outlets rents out mopeds and quads. Either a quad or an "enduro" motorbike would be suitable as an alternative choice to an all-terrain 4-wheel drive car.

Andreas

Edited: 8:01 am, September 08, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car or motorbike

some of the beaches are difficult to access with a car, would recommed a bike as it allows you to appreciate things better

Edited: 6:09 am, September 15, 2011
3. Re: Car or motorbike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 20, 2012