We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 1/2 - 4 1/2 full days in Milos - What to do?

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
137 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
3 1/2 - 4 1/2 full days in Milos - What to do?

Hi. I can have either 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 full days in Milos arriving from Crete (where I could probably use an extra day so I am leaning to 3 1/2 in Milos).

I am staying at Santa Maria Suites in Adhamas. Anyone been there? I am also open to suggetions on that as well since I have time to change.

I want to spend at least one day on the sailing trip around the island and that other island next door (forget the name).

What else would people suggest? Is 3 1/2 full days enough or do I need the extra day?

I like hiking around, sightseeing, taking pictures, etc. I can get a car if needed. I am not so interested in nightlife and partying, etc.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy travels to all!

Any Crete pros care to chime in? I fly into Chania on 13 Aug (late) and can stay on Crete until 19 Aug or 20 Aug and I have a 7am flight out of Heraklion on either day. Would love some suggestions on itinerary. I don't want to be running around 24/7 either, am not interested in clubs or night bar hopping.

Hiking, sightseeing, etc. works for me.

I would appreciate any and all advice.

Happy travels to all!

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 full days in Milos - What to do?

Hi James,

All very valid questions.

You could hit some of the major points of Milos in 3.5 days, but it's hardly enough time to experience the island. Most visitors to Milos end up saying: "Had I known, I'd have arranged to stay in Milos far longer".

:)

You are right about the fast catamarans. The SpeedRunner and the High-Speed, as well as the conventional ferries are more likely to sail even if the Meltemi winds keep the SuperJet "grounded".

Santa Maria is one of the better accommodations in Milos. From what I've read, people tend to be happier when staying in the renovated suites, as opposed to their older style rooms.

For the island tour, I strongly recommend both. For a more detailed description and comparison of the two, please refer to several other comments I've made on the TA forums.

Ditto for the "must see" in Milos. I've commented a lot in the past right here, on TA. Just search the Milos forum.

Regards,

Andreas

I am milosisforlovers on Facebook

Edited: 11:25 am, June 13, 2011
2. Re: 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 full days in Milos - What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 03, 2012