We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV (Quad) power level and other questions

Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ATV (Quad) power level and other questions

I am considering renting an ATV for a day, likely from Moto Christos based on positive comments on TA (any comments welcome).

A few questions:

1. I'm wondering what the recommended power is? It appears Christos rents ATVs with 50cc, 150cc, 200cc and 300cc. We would plan to ride tandem (combined rider weight 300lbs) but I am sensible and not planning to drive faster than is safe. Which power level would be capable enough for any hills but not overkill?

2. Is there typically a way to lock the helmets, or would we have to carry them with us when away from the vehicle?

3. Are any of the following locations NOT accessible by ATV from Adamas? Papafragas, Sarakiniko, Plaka, Tripiti, Klima, old sulfur mines at Paliorema/Thiorichia Beach

Mentioned in this post
Adamas
Adamas
Milos, Greece
Papafragas Beach
Papafragas Beach
349 Reviews
Milos, Greece
Sarakiniko Beach
Sarakiniko Beach
1,737 Reviews
Milos, Greece
Tripiti
Tripiti
Milos, Greece
2 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV (Quad) power level and other questions

did you try this yourself? can you answer your own question? it'd be really helpful, especially for the sulphur mines

Mpls
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV (Quad) power level and other questions

We rented 250cc in Naxos and then had a 350 in Paros - we are combined weight of 280. I would say get a 350 for the little more it costs - all of the ones we had on both islands had storage on back with key entry.

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Reply to: ATV (Quad) power level and other questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted