My partner and I will have a total of 15 nights in Greece in August 2018. We are trying to decide which islands to visit.
The following are islands we are interested in visiting.
Is anyone able to recommend one island over another?
We are looking for beautiful beaches and sunsets, architecture such as moon rocks on Milos, great food, vibrant night life and culture. So far, the islands we have picked are:
- Santorini (beautiful sunset and towns, 'must see bucket list' island)
- Ios (been recommended by many friends it is a must do to experience the night life)
- Paros (very interested in doing a dive to see the submerged ancient civilisations and wreckage)
- Mykonos (again heavily recommended for the party night life to do just once)
- Milos (the beaches are stunning and would love to see the moon rocks and caves).
Also, which is the best order to do the islands in? I have done some research and it seems Milos is most hardest to get to. We were thinking of doing Split --> Santorini --> Ios --> Paros --> Milos --> Mykonos and then flying from Mykonos to Malta for 5 nights. Would this itinerary work logistically?
Any suggestions or advice is always welcome!