We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarakiniko

South Carolina
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sarakiniko

Has anyone stayed at the Sarakiniko View Studios or Limeri Apartment Studios in Sarakiniko?

Wonderful Copenhagen
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarakiniko

I have the same question, mate :) Hope someone will come and help us :)

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarakiniko

I haven't stayed at Limeri myself, but I know the proprietors, Bee and Janna, and am sure they are excellent hosts who will make sure your stay is enjoyable.

You will obviously need a rental car for transportation since Sarakiniko is a remote location, with no basic necessities within comfortable walking distance.

- Andreas

Wonderful Copenhagen
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarakiniko

Hi Andreas, thanks for your reply!

So you don't recomend staying there?

In Plaka, which other accomodations (as modest as possible, it's not a problem) would you suggest (max. 50€ per night in September)?

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarakiniko

I am sorry if I was not clear. It is difficult to recommend any establishment unless I've stayed there myself, and in Milos that's rare, since I have my own house in the island. :) What I said was that I know the proprietors to be excellent guests and I have the confidence they'll make sure you have a pleasant stay.

In Plaka, again, I do not have personal experience but I know there are a few good lodging establishments there. There is a review of Halara Studios right here on TripAdvisor. Archondoula's Studios is also very good. There is a photo of Archondoula's Studios on Milos is for Lovers, under the photo album "More Milos".

- Andreas

www.milosisforlovers.com

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarakiniko

I just talked to Archondoula herself about her September rates:

- Rooms with a double bed, small, good view, balcony: 45 Euros

- Studios, larger, with kitchen: 55 Euros

- Suite: Spacious, great view, private balcony: 110 Euros

www.archondoula-studios.gr

I hope this helps. :)

- Andreas

Wonderful Copenhagen
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarakiniko

Andreas, I was not clear myself :)

I meant, according to your knowledge of the island geography, you wouldn't recomend accomodation in Sarakiniko - I was not refering to the hotel you had mentioned before.... lol :)

Maybe because it would be inconvenient to move from one place to the other?

I have written Sarakiniko View Studios a few days ago but they haven't replied....

I was thinking about renting a scooter, in this case: any cons about staying in Sarakiniko?

Thanks a lot!!!

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sarakiniko

Staying at a remote, quiet location generally comes with an understanding of its downside: relatively far from civilization. On the other hand, some prefer to stay in the heart of it all, with the understanding it might not be as quiet.

Plaka may offer the best of both worlds: Close to conveniences such as restaurants, mini-markets and bus-stop, while still very quiet, depending on the neighborhood.

On the other hand, while Plaka is both picturesque and offers magnificent, elevated views, it is not as close to the beach(es). You can't have them all. :)

In any case, renting a car or moped in Milos is recommended in order to have flexibility in transportation and be able to go see the very many places of interest on the island.

- Andreas

Wonderful Copenhagen
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sarakiniko

Got it :)

I still strongly consider staying in Sarakiniko and renting a scooter to go around. I like remote places!

If only sarakiniko View Studios replied to my mail...

Milos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Milos
Level Contributor
873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sarakiniko

How about Limeri, the one we have been talking about? Have *they* replied?

http://www.miloslimeri.gr/

Wonderful Copenhagen
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sarakiniko

Yay!!! I got a reply.

I haven't written Limeri, but I guess I'll do it. Though I very much like the idea of staying at Sarakiniko View :)

Thanks Andreas - I'll post here when I have made a reservation.