We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road conditions from dahod to indore

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Road conditions from dahod to indore

Hello Friends !!

I am planning to do Ahmedbad to Bhopal by road There are two options via ujjain or via indore

Tricky part for me is the strech between dahod to indore OR Dahod to Ujjain which route is better

I recently hear about highway upgradation at this part.

Offcourse I will be travelling during day time to cover this route coz its is less traffic with not so good facilities a.and not so safe after evenings

Can anyone help me please who knows this route. it will be a great help.

Mentioned in this post
Bhopal
Bhopal
Bhopal District, India
Ujjain
Ujjain
Ujjain District, India
68 replies to this topic
Vadodara, India
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

Hi Pankaj,

How was your by road travel experience from a'bad to bhopal? Are the roads good to drive? I heard that there is new 4 lane road from dahod to indore? Also, is mandatory to take road via machaliya ghat to reach Bhopal? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bhopal
Bhopal
Bhopal District, India
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

Hello

I have done ahmedabad to bhopal and bhopal to ahmedabad in oct 2014

from dhar it is full 4 lane roads

in between jhabua to dhar road was under construction at that time so you will find diverted routes and no roads for few places which are unpredictable.

so what you need to do is to keep speed in control you will not be able to judge when suddenly a good road ends and you will hit really big pot holes and stones. try to do this strech in day time. Rest of the roads are really nice Take BYPASS only to cross indore, or this will eat minimum of your 1.5 hous extra. From indore to bhopal a six lane highway like a a runway you can do 150+ kmph if you had a heavy car with hydraulic steering. (Because highway is really open with good windflow)

Inspite of bad section between jhabua and dhar and single driver i have done this 630 Kms (from door to door journey) in 12 hours with 2-3 stops.

I hope since than roads have been improved alot and more easy and safe. You will be able to drive it easily if this is not your very first long drive.

Goodluck and please update about the road construction status, if you do this drive.

Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

Thanks Pankaj for your reply.

I will surely update on the latest road condition once i do my journey on this road.

What concerns me more is the stretch after jhabua/ dhar. Have heard that once gujarat border is crossed, roads are no way safe to drive after evening. Specifically a place called "Machaliya Ghat" is very dangerous since the roads passes through dense forest and encountering a local tribal is very high.

So by going this, i plan to leave vadodara at 3 in the night so that i can reach border by early morning and cover the entire stretch in day time.

Thanks..!!

Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

And yes i have done long drives before so i am very excited about this one as well. Which BYPASS are you talking about to cross indore? from where should i take it? and how would i identify it?

Edited: 8:31 am, May 05, 2015
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

Is Ahmedabad - Dahod - Meghnagar - Thandla - Petlawad - badnawar - Pithampur - Indore = Good Road or

Is Ahmedabad - Dahod - Jhabua- Dhar - Pithampur - Indore = Good Road or

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad District, India
Indore
Indore
Indore District, India
Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

The later mentioned route is shorter. Till Dahod roads are in excellent condition. No idea after that. Please share the latest condition of this roads if you come to know.

Thanks..

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

Hi Pankaj,

your post is of great help.

I am planning a road trip from Ahmedabad to Indore with family.

Can you please suggest good restaurants between Ahmedabad and Indore which have good amenities like wash rooms and snacks?

Regards,

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad District, India
Indore
Indore
Indore District, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

Hi Mr.Joshi,

i am a frequent travel on this route from Godhra to Indore.ujjain,Biora,Shajapur,Bhopal.

while travelling on Mp road,obviously one thing is coming in every one mind that how is the road.

I am local from this place Dahod,near by Mp.Border and my home town is in M.P so in every two or three months i am passing through this roads...since last 4 years the road works in M.p from M.p/Gujarat border to Indore is going like tortoise walk.and still it is incomplete. half of the distance is same with huge path holes,huge stones in between the roads,some time you will be not able to see road also..even they are not feeling the soil on diverted road,so it is too tough to drive for small vehicles,on NH59 DAHOD-JHABUA-DHAR-LEBAD-INDORE..this road is not predictable..DO NOT USE THIS ROAD now a days specially in Rainy season.Take alternate road and it has same distance as NH59 has.GODHRA-PIPLOD-LIMKHEDA(Tale left turn from the Bypass for limdi) -LIMDI(limdi thandla toll road in very good condition)-THANDLA-PETLAVAD-BADNAWAR(Thandla to Badnawar road is in very good condition not a single path hole)(from here you have two options go via ujjain or go via lebad both roads are toll road in very good condition not a single path hole)-UJJAIN-INDORE/BADNAWAR-LEBAD-PITHAMPUR-INDORE.DONOT TAKE LEBAD-GHATABILLOD-INDORE road.it is same road which is coming from dahod NH59 it is in bad condition although its in less kms. but go via PITHAMPUR-INDORE..There is not a good hotel in this area even you can not eat after entering in mp. your stomach will give you result afterwards. :-) urantee.so if its possible do breakfast or lunch or dinner before entering in M.p i will recommend you HOTEL GHANSHYAM ON PIPLOD-LIMKHEDA ROAD. if you are too hungry and u cant wait than you can have Poha at Petlavad only in the morning(u can find it easily at circle),or U can take pyaz kachori at Badnawar ujjain circle a rajasthani shop.near by that shop u can have a good classic tea...that's all..i hope you will remember all of this thing.Happy journey guys..keep travelling..again i am highlighting of road in simple language.

1>GODHRA-PIPLOD-LIMKHEDA-LIMDI-THANDLA-PETLAVAD-BADNAWAR-LEBAD-PITHAMPUR-INDORE(EXCELLENT ROAD) (Preferable up to evening dont cross thandla after 7PM or sunset)

2>GODHRA-PIPLOD-LIMKHEDA-LIMDI-THANDLA-PETLAVAD-BADNAWAR-UJJAIN-INDORE(EXCELLENT ROAD) (Preferable upto 10PM cross mp border as early as possible,very rare traffic u can see in night)

3>GODHRA-PIPLOD-LIMKHEDA-DAHOD-MEGHNAGAR-THANDLA-PETLAWAD-BADNAWAR-same as above..(Note preferable because bridges work are almost pending..no road for 6 to 7 kms) {(Preferable upto 10PM cross mp border as early as possible,very rare traffic u can see in night}

Mentioned in this post
Indore
Indore
Indore District, India
Ujjain
Ujjain
Ujjain District, India
Bhopal
Bhopal
Bhopal District, India
Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

Thanks for your detailed narration. Tomorrow I am leaving from Vadodara to ujjain. I hope , I woul find your reply very helpful to me. Thanks once again, brother.

Mentioned in this post
Vadodara
Vadodara
Vadodara District, India
Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Road conditions from dahod to indore

AkhilJi, Thanks for your detailed narration of the road condition. Tomorrow, I am leaving from Vadodara to Ujjain. I hope, your post would be very helpful in reaching Ujjain safely. Once again , thanks for your posting.

Mentioned in this post
Vadodara
Vadodara
Vadodara District, India
Ujjain
Ujjain
Ujjain District, India
Reply to: Road conditions from dahod to indore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted