We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

Mumbai...
6 posts
Save Topic
Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

Hi,

I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Agra next month. I want to know about the roads condition and safety is also a major concern for me. And, I also want to know the best place to stay for a night.

-Regards

Nitin Goel

50 replies to this topic
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

hi nitingoel

there are 2 best ways to go agra from mumbai

1- via ahmedabad - udaipur-bhilwara-ajmer-jaipur-agra

2 - via nasik-indore-dewas-guna-shivpuri-gwalior-morena-dholpur-agra

now it depends on you , that what you want to see enroute

if you select route no 2 then upto indore road is good and also doable in night - but i will strongly recommend to do the onward journey upto guna-shivpuri in day time..

i've done route no. 1 thrice by self driving - for jaipur , once for laddakh and once for manali-shimla...are done twice via indore--

opt route no -1 , start early in the morning - reach ahmedabad/gandhinagar till eve - night stay - next day start early say 5 am...and reach ajmer/jaipur till eve - night stay - third day start early say 6am and reach agra upto 12 am.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

Hi Lalbahadur,

I would be doing Mumbai - Agra - Mumbai in 1st week of Nov-2013.

Via Indore, route is shorter, about 1250 KMs, if road condition is good / most 4 lane than I would opt for this.. my objective is to reach Agra and not tourism on the way to Agra.

So I will chose route which is better and less tiring..

what do you suggest ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

hi sumit...

road via indore is also good..only suggestion is cover maximum distance in day time..after indore..

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

hi

upto indore from mumbai via nasik is good.... four lane is upto dewas only from indore..then till shivpuri the road is not so good..again gwalior to agra is a four lane route- north-south corridor..

the project is under progress for road from dewas to shivpuri- a four lane..previously was about to clear upto 2014 ..but i dont think so...in future traveling to agra/delhi via indore-gwalior will be the best one...

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

hmm.. so the challenge is Devas to Shivpuri which is 350 KMs. and after the monsoon.. road condition will be more worst. Isnt it ?

what is your take on via Ahmdabad route. Although it is about 200 Kms more but if its completely 4 lane, will save that much time as much I spend on bad roads between devas to shivpuri ??

Mumbai...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

Thanks Lalbahadur for your valuable feedback.

Basically i need to go Delhi and i was planning to cover till Agra via Mumbai-Agra highway and then would take Yamuna Express till Delhi.

Please suggest what you think. Which route should i follow for going to Delhi.

Regards

Nitin Goel

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

Hi ..

Yes a for lane road from mumbai to ahmedabad-then ahmedabad to ajmer-jaipur via bhilwara- again upto agra..

But won't if distance matters then its bit long as compared to road via indore- not very much time saving route but yes, smooth..

If you are planning to drive a SUV then definitely go via indore - or if by car then can think about both routes..I drove my OUTLANDER on indore route and found no issues

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

Agra to Delhi - you must try yamuna express highway. It is a 'must try' highway. Just remember to check your Tyre air-pressure in Agra before you hit yamuna express highway and keep 10% lower pressure then advised for tires. Also, this highway is doable 24x7.

Happy driving...

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

Hi nitin goel

Yes Yamuna expressway is must try...

If you don't want to visit any other place enroute then better go via indore- shivpuri- gwalior

Mumbai...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)

Thanks Sumit and Lalbhadur.

I am having TATA Vista and there would be two drivers (me n my bro). i have not any plans to visit other places en route and also i don't want to drive after 7 PM. So, what would be the halt if we go via Mumbai-Agra highway.

Indore is around 570 KM from thane (Mumbai) and i guess it would be a too early to stay there. If we start at 5 AM then i think we can reach Indore at the max by 3 PM.

Reply to: Bombay Agra Highway (NH3)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted