We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

Pune
Level Contributor
52 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

I want to visit samadhi of the great Bajirao Peshwa - I located at Raverkhadi on the bank of Narmada river.

I need guidance for best way to reach samadhi from Indore city.

Pune
Level Contributor
52 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

Hello,

Is there any indore location expert who can guide me ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,527 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

I don't think we have any local from Indore who posts on here. I suggest you use Google to find your answer.

Pune
Level Contributor
52 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

Thanks for reply.

From google I come to know location of samadhi which is on the bank of Narmada river and close to Omkareshwar jyotirling.

I need to know whether any bus service is available who can take me directly from Pune to Rawer Khurd (Ravarkhedi).

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

You may opt for Pune Indore Luxury coach service to reach Indore first. Then you may reach omkareshwar or just enquire on the ST stand at Indore or Taxi stand at Indore.

By the way, the photo you selected should have been of Bajirao or some other good peshwa (not Bajirao the II, even the last Nanasaheb would also do) to prove your nickname - Puneri Bana. (LOL)

Still you can change.

Pune
Level Contributor
52 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

suggestion noted.

Have you been to samadhi ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

Thanks for accepting my suggestion.

Unfortunately, I have not been to Raverkhedi but wish to go.

Pune
Level Contributor
52 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

I could find one option to hire taxi from Indore and then visit samadhi which is around 100 KM from Indore.

Is there any other better option ?

like volvo bus directly reaching near Omkareshwar from Pune.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

It is 146 K.M from indore, Just hire taxi from indore

Pune
Level Contributor
52 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

Finally I made it by visiting samadhi of the great Bajirao Peshwa.

I felt very glad when I was standing right at samadhi but at the same time I felt very bad during my visit I came across following questions from people I made,

Who's samadhi it is ?

Who is Bajirao peshwa ?

Don't know about khedi village ?

Government and tourist department needs to look into these questions.

Otherwise we are indirectly showing no respect towards people who devoted life for India.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Raverkhadi Samadhi of Great Bajirao Peshwa - I

Hi Puneribana,

That is great. You made it. Your feelings I also share. The warrior who went right upto todays Afganistan and brought the whole area under his control has remained neglected. The dream of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj to have a empire of Hindus (because during his time, all the rulers were Muslim and the last Hindu Kingdom was of Vijaynagar, in Karnataka and that had gone down 100 years before his birth), That dream came true during his life time but real extension and reaching it to a new high was achieved by Bajirao Peshwa.

But taking the name of Peshwa and discussing their greatness is a sin in Maharashtra due to dirty politics against Brahmins. Peshwas were Brahmin by caste.

Congrats once again. I request you to write a suitable letter to the Chief Minister of Maharashtra and also Madhya Pradesh. It may or may not achieve much. But let there be a record. We must bring it back from its neglect and insults hurled just because the great warrior and a ruler was a Brahmin by caste.

Sanjiv