We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

Zhangjiajie, China
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

Hi all friends who coming to Zhangjiajie!

Please kindly know that Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed from Mid of July 2018 as road construction inside, open date not know yet, so at present only can visit Glass bridge.so please plan your itinerary well after you know it!

Best Regards

Chris

28 replies to this topic
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
15 posts
36 reviews
60 helpful votes
1. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

Hello!

Is ZJJ Grand Canyon still closed?

If yes, then I understand it is only possible to see the glass bridge. In this case, would it be manageable to visit Tianmen Shan and the glass bridge in one day?

A lot of people say the mountain is doable in half a day, but I'm not sure if it is possible to fit the glass bridge in the afternoon?

Zhangjiajie, China
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

Hi ,

The Grand canyon still closed.

For one day you can visit Tianmen mountain and glass bridge.time is enough.but better use a car for this day ,if take public bus will be use much time.also both 2 places tickets should better book in advance to make sure available as they limited tickets everyday .

best regards

Chris

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
15 posts
36 reviews
60 helpful votes
3. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

Thank you for the reply!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

Hi! I am planning a trip there in early Nov - with the Grand Canyon area closed is it worth coming to Zhangjiajie at all, or should I go to Yangshuo? Is it possible to see the Avatar Mountains?

Thank you!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
13,795 posts
5. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is a different location than Wulingyuan National Park. Wulingyuan is the "Avatar" mountain inspiration and that is fully open. Many visitors to ZJJ don't even have the Grand Canyon on their to-do list....or they just go to the Glass Bridge which is doable without entering the Canyon. This temporary closure of the Z.G.C. shouldn't affect your plans for the ZJJ area.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

To Chris,

You mentioned that it needs to book in advance tickets to visit glass walk and glass bridge? If so, how many days in advance to do it? And with whom we could do?We will be there around the end of October.

Thanks for your help.

Zhangjiajie, China
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

tickets open for booking 5 days ahead of time.I can make the booking,if you want,can confirm earlier to make sure booked and tickets ready.

Surabaya, Indonesia
2 posts
8. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

is it currently opened? I plan to go there in October

Surabaya, Indonesia
2 posts
9. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

Currently typhoon is happening in China. Is it okay if I go there on October 12?

Zhangjiajie, China
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays

still not open yet.

Reply to: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is closed nowadays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted