We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

us open accomadition

Which Raleigh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
us open accomadition

we are planning a trip from scotland to raleigh to see the us

open at pinehurst where is the best place to stay

Clayton, North...
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: us open accomadition

Strath,

Most of the hotels around Pinehurst will be filled by the time the Open gets here if not already. Staying in the Raleigh area will probably be your best bet. Raleigh or Cary is only about an hour north of Pinehurst and some hotels have shuttles running every day. Hotels closer to US 1 may be better, it is the main road into Pinehurst from the north.

Funny, I live within an hour of Pinehurst and will be in Scotland the last week of May. Have fun at the Open, #2 is a one-of-a-kind course. If you are a golfer, play some local courses while you are here.

scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: us open accomadition

are you comming to scotland to play golf

scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: us open accomadition

could you recommend a course to play we have 1 day free

we are playing tobacco road.

Clayton, North...
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: us open accomadition

Yes, we are coming to play golf. We are staying in St. Andrews. We will be trying to get on the the Old Course all week by ballot. I have tee times at Carnoustie, Crail and Kingsbarn late in the week. But our entire week will be centered on playing the Old Course. Do you live in the area of St. Andrews. If so, we would like to know of some nice local courses with just a previous days reservation, if we don't make the ballot.

As far as Tobacco Road, you have picked a very nice course, but can be tough. No out of bounds, but once off the fairways is mainly sand or waste bunkers in which you can ground your club. Quite a few blind shots off the tee boxes, get a yardage book before you start, it is a must. Course management is the key to beat this course. Have Fun, Putterboy

scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: us open accomadition

scotscraig is a qualifing course for the open is about 15 min away. kingsbarns is also a great golf course.

i am a member at royal aberdeen which is about 1h 30min

north of st andrews and is one of the best links courses in

scotland if you are interested in a game their let me know

www.royalaberdeengolf.com