We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Travelers Steer CLEAR of RDU's Budget Rental Car!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
6 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Business Travelers Steer CLEAR of RDU's Budget Rental Car!

I'll start this post by saying with all sincerity: this is NOT the place to book a car rental if you are a corporate, business traveler. NEVER. They're dishonest with their rates and renters need to review their bills VERY carefully to ensure that what you're charged is actually what you agreed to pay, particularly if they 'nicely' provide you with an alternative car. I booked a reservation on 11/15/13 in tandem with a flight for a time-sensitive business trip to Greensboro, NC. When I arrived, I was very clear with the auto I needed, along with the options; indeed these options should have been in the car class I reserved. They weren't, so the rep nicely showed me a different albeit smaller car that had one, additional option: bluetooth (standard in most cars these days for safety). Assuming that the car would be the same (or maybe even less), I agreed to the switch until I started signing off. That's when I noticed the upcharge by nearly $20. The rep hadn't bothered to tell me this which was only part of the problem: here's the kicker: the REAL issue was because I was getting a 2013 version of the car, instead of the 2012. When I then asked for the original car that I booked, 'suddenly,' it was unavailable. In over ten years of corporate travel with various, rental car agencies, I have never had a rental car company pull a VERY SLEAZY maneuver like that. Thankfully, they are located beside Enterprise, so I cancelled the transaction, walked next door, and booked a car with them. I was on my way with a car with MORE options for LESS money in no time! Thankfully, I wasn't too late for my trip either. The shoddy business practices of this location are regrettable, but don't say you haven't been warned. I definitely won't return.

1. Re: Business Travelers Steer CLEAR of RDU's Budget Rental Car!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 02, 2014