We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Doubletree By Hilton Raleigh Brownstone University

Which Raleigh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville
Level Contributor
333 posts
261 reviews
Save Topic
The Doubletree By Hilton Raleigh Brownstone University

A friend and I will be staying at the Doubletree By Hilton Raleigh Brownstone University on Hillsborough in May and are planning on going downtown to have some drinks at night. How do you think we should plan on getting downtown? I understand our hotel is kind of in a more residential area and is about a mile or two from the bars downtown. What is the cab situation like? Is it easy to find a cab and how much should we expect to pay each way for a mile or a mile and a half trip? Also, if we decide we want to walk it one way, does Hillsborough have sidewalks or would it be a dangerous walk on the shoulder of the road? Thanks!

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
741 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Doubletree By Hilton Raleigh Brownstone University

It is not that far and there are sidewalks. See my other response to your beer question. Boylan brewpub is closest to your hotel. Could be considered walkable. or the hotel can get you a cab. And you can take a can or pedicab home....it's that close to Diwntown.

But you also have one of the most classic bars in raleigh, Players Retreat ( the PR), across the street from your hotel.

2. Re: The Doubletree By Hilton Raleigh Brownstone University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 26, 2014