We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best mid-priced restaurant in Raleigh??

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What's the best mid-priced restaurant in Raleigh??

Will be in Raleigh next week staying near the airport but will have a car and can drive around town to get to a good restaurant. Looking for a nice casual place with great food and entrees around $10 - $15 apiece.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best mid-priced restaurant in Raleigh??

There are many good restaurants in Raleigh but one of our favorites for great food and an upscale, yet nice casual atmosphere, while not breaking the bank is Winston's Grille. http://www.winstonsgrille.com/

dfb
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best mid-priced restaurant in Raleigh??

Best is subjective. It really depends on what you like to eat...

One of my favorites for Italian is 518 West. I really like that they will customize any dish for you, love the wood cooked pizzas and I especially like the dishes that you can order a half portion, which is more than enough for one person!

http://www.518west.com/

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best mid-priced restaurant in Raleigh??

It depends on the food I guess.

For Chinese, I recommend David's Dumpling & Noodle Bar on Hillsborough Street. Lots of great dishes and excellent service in a cool historic building.

For Italian, I suggest La Volta on Fayetteville Street, right at the city plaza. Great view, huge dining area, lots of great Italian favorites for a decent price.

For Japanese, a lot of people get a kick out of Sushi Blues on Glenwood Ave. It's sushi, plus blues. Offbeat for sure.

For American try Capital Club 16 on Martin Street. It's a retro-vibe type of cafe with 1920s decor and very tasty food. Might be on the upper end of your price range but well worth it.

If you like a casual "bar/pub" type of place Tyler's Taproom on Seaboard Ave is brand new and already very popular among locals.

For something truly unique, there's Pie Bird on North Person Street, which is....pies! For dinner get chicken pot pie, veggie pot pie, quiche, shepherds pie or any other their other entrees (with great soups & salads on the side), then follow it up with a slice of desert pie such as chocolate, blueberry, cherry, etc etc.

Edited: 8:27 am, February 09, 2012
4. Re: What's the best mid-priced restaurant in Raleigh??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, May 05, 2013