We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocation to Charlotte from France

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Relocation to Charlotte from France

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are both French. We are planning on moving to Metro Charlotte in 2006. My husband will set up an IT consulting firm and I plan on staying home with our 16 months old son. I'd love to get advice on the following points:

-Economically, where would be a good place to set up an IT firm? At this point we are considering Matthews or Pineville.

-Are there any quaint downtowns anywhere? I would like to live near a place that might remind me a little of Europe?

-Are there any good bilingual schools anywhere?

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocation to Charlotte from France

Pineville and Matthews both have Quaint downtowns where Charlotte has many tall buildings. IT consulting if you are planning on visiting varoius companies there probably is no wrong location in the area to locate. You will definately need a car no matter where you go. There is a French immersion school in the CMS system. I think it is on Tyvola Rd. There is the English class in English and everything else is in French. How good the school is is up for debate.

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina