We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lincoln Theatre

knoxville tn
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lincoln Theatre

I am going to be visiting in October for a concert at the Lincoln Theatre...can someone suggest a good hotel that is closeby and also close to the fun downtown? We are coming in from Knoxville for the show on Friday, but want to stay in town at have fun saturday as well. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I am looking at a moderate price range....i don't want a cheap hotel, but don't need a suite necessarily...between the 75-100 range per night would be ideal.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lincoln Theatre

Well, location-wise the very very best choice would be the downtown Sheraton. It's literally only two blocks from the Lincoln, and walking distance to most of the other downtown venues, dining, bars, etc etc.

If Sheraton is a tad pricy for you, you can try the other two main downtown hotels: Clarion and Days Inn. Neither are as close to the Lincoln Theatre though. They would be closer to a 20-30 minute walk. But they are close to other downtown venues and eatery's on the western end of downtown.

If you can afford the Sheraton, it'll be worth it for the proximity. But the Clarion and Days Inn will both satisfy your needs for being somewhat close to everything.

knoxville tn
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lincoln Theatre

This one?

Sheraton Raleigh Capital Center Hotel

knoxville tn
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lincoln Theatre

The Sheraton looks GREAT!!! I also noticed this one for half the price...what's your thoughts on it?

Red Roof Inn Raleigh Downtown NCSU

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lincoln Theatre

^^ Yeah that's the Sheraton I'm talking about.

^ That company must be misleading. That Red Roof is not really in downtown. About 2 miles south of it. The only hotels *IN* downtown are the Sheraton, Clarion and Days Inn that I mentioned.

Any other hotel and you'll have to drive to get to the Lincoln and the rest of downtown....and find parking.

knoxville tn
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lincoln Theatre

thank you so much for all of your help! the sheraton it is...i found it at 99 a night at the cheapest rate...that sound about right or do you have some tricks for getting a lower rate? I checked all the major sites like travelocity, hotels.com, etc.

thanks again for all of your help!!!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lincoln Theatre

Wow...that's actually a good deal for them. I was afraid you'd have to go to the Clarion or Days to get something no more than a hundred. You go girl.

7. Re: Lincoln Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 04, 2009