We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugs/repellent recommendations

Richmond, Virginia...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bugs/repellent recommendations

Hi,

I've seen in many posts about Ocracoke that bugs tend to be bad in the summer. Does anyone have a type of bug spray they recommend? Will Deet free sprays be as effective as sprays with Deet in them?

thanks1

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugs/repellent recommendations

Deep woods off works, Don't usually have any problem in town, they spray from time to time., but if the wind is not blowing on the beach the green head flies will eat up your ankles. Just be prepared is the best measure. The only deet free spray I have ever used didn't work as well but I am sure it is worth a try. Off is available at the Variety store.

2. Re: Bugs/repellent recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ocracoke
Recent Conversations