We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries running?

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
426 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries running?

We live in Chesapeake, Va and were planning on coming down to stay the weekend this Friday- are the ferries up and running as usual?

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries running?

You can check here on updates but AS far as I know everything is up and running

http://www.ncdot.gov/ferry/

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries running?

Thanks so much. After posting this silly question, I found the 800 number and called the Hatteras Ferry. Yes, they are up and running on the hour. So, we will head out on Friday early for the annual Father's Day weekend! We live in Chesapeake, Va, so it does not take long to get to the Outer Banks. I wonder if they are going to have the fireworks this year. We have always enjoyed coming on the 4th for the Homestyle celebration. We were out of the country when the accident happened.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries running?

Yes, it was awful--and it still must be for their families. My thoughts continue to be with them.

FYI on the fireworks:

islandfreepress.org/2012Archives/05.18.2012-…

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries running?

Did you really mean to post this here under this thread? Interesting news though, never thought they would do that again down there. The drop in the economy from the administration and Irene must be driving that.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferries running?

Yep! Itzbecky was wondering if they were going to have fireworks this year.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferries running?

Free may be a thing of the past sooner then you think

outerbanksvoice.com/2012/…more-71365

Edited: 12:42 pm, June 16, 2012
7. Re: Ferries running?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ocracoke
Recent Conversations