We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Short Stay In New Bern

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
My Short Stay In New Bern

I enjoyed my four day visit, even though the sun only came out on the day I left. The Comfort Inn exceeded my expectations and I will write a positive review about the hotel. I quickly got a great feel for the history in New Bern. It seemed every corner I turned, another interesting place was waiting. Made for great afternoon strolls. The waterfront area is beautiful, with a nice park with tables and grills. There is also a nearby gas station with a store that has everything imaginable to eat and drink for a great picnic or bbq.

The people are very friendly, their homes are beautiful, and their history remarkable. Their 300th anniversay is next year!

I was not too impressed with most of the restaurants I visited. It appears to be geared more towards tourists. The prices were high, the quantity, and preperation low. My last day, a few people suggested the restaurants were better and less expensive "near the mall", wherever that is.

I reccomend visiting New Bern, not so much the downtown restaurants. Lot's of smiles and hello's from the locals makes for a happy visitor.

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
257 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Short Stay In New Bern

Glad you enjoyed your visit to our town. I moved here 7 years ago and fell in love. As far as the downtown restaurants I too find they lack. Its part of being in a touristy area. There are a few that I will eat at every once in a while for special occasions, and others I avoid.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. :)

2. Re: My Short Stay In New Bern

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:35 am, November 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about New Bern