We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic

Which Nags Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
84 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic

I am hearing horror stories about the traffic getting in and out of the Outer Banks on the weekends. Is there a time that is better to get in? I am assuming the worst is in the early afternoon around all the check in times. If we got there early, say 10 in the morning would the traffic be better?

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic

I was just reading about this on another message board. They say there that, yes, earlier in the morning is much better.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic

Saturday is the only bad day and it is the Wright Bros Memorial bridge going into Kitty Hawk that backs up around noon to 1pm. It can back up badly from July to Sept. Sunday is not a problem and neither is June. If you can't come on Sunday then get across the bridge by noon - BUT plan to have something to do in case the rental is not available for 4 hours. Don't go buying ice cream or have no plan what to do while you wait.

richmond
Level Contributor
893 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic

If you are going to the Northern Beaches you need to be across by 10 and head straight up during peak season.

4. Re: Traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 21, 2014