We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nags head where to stay

Which Nags Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Branford...
Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
nags head where to stay

i think i've narrowed it down to nags head in late june. any hotel recommendations? looked into the blue heron; which seems nice. or would i be better off renting a place for the week?

Leesburg, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: nags head where to stay

I just reserved a condo at the Croatan Surf Club (haven't paid yet though), but I'm having second thoughts. We don't want to be too far from "civilizaton". Can we walk to stores/shops from this location? If not, would Nags Head be better. Is it even possible to stay on the beach and be walking distance to stuff? THANKS!

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: nags head where to stay

This is near the Wright Bros Memorial in KDH so you are very close to civilization. We stayed at the Best Western across from the memorial last year and you are within a short distance from many shops and restaurants (definatly possible to walk). Great choice if you are wanting to be ocean front and close to town. Enjoy your trip!

13. Re: nags head where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:00 pm, October 04, 2011
North Carolina
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: nags head where to stay

Although Kristil105 has indicated that there are restaurants, etc close by, I would not rely on walking. The beach road does have a couple of places that will be close enough to walk to, but the majority of places to eat/shop would be a pretty good distance to walk. Also, some of the best places are located on the by-pass where walking is not a good idea.

15. Re: nags head where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, March 11, 2012