We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nags Head for Thanksgiving?

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Topic
Nags Head for Thanksgiving?

A friend and I are thinking of going to Nags Head for Thanksgiving, but we're not sure if there are things to do and places to go that time of year. Are restaurants & attractions open in the off-season? Any advice?

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nags Head for Thanksgiving?

Most everything is open with a very few exceptions with some restaurants closed, but 95% of everything else is open.

I am not sure what attractions you are thinking of but I think most everything is open. We don't close up in the off season as some people seem to think. There will be more things closed in Hatteras and Corolla but still most everything is open then.

Kill Devil Hills...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nags Head for Thanksgiving?

There is plenty to do for Thanksgiving. Ocean Boulevard Bistro and Martini Bar in Kitty Hawk will be open serving a 4 course Thanksgiving dinner on Turkey Day. And there are lots of great deals on vacation rentals this time of year. Check out sunrealtync.com for a place to stay. That's who we've always used.

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nags Head for Thanksgiving?

This is late for this year but those reading this for future use, we have friends that went to Western Sizzlin (sp?) for thanksgiving and they said it was very good and reasonably priced. It's a buffet style Dinner with Turkey and dressing, Potatoes, seafood and several pies and desserts.

4. Re: Nags Head for Thanksgiving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:50 am, June 03, 2011