We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condo with a pool is a

georgetown
1 post
Save Topic
condo with a pool is a

We are going to OBX for the first time June 27-July 4; we are so excited. I have looked at many condos and the ones I am really drawn to do not have a pool. We are staying in an oceanfront property, but I was wondering how important it is to have a pool as an ammenity? I know this is personal preference largely, but I am wondering how hot it is in the day and in the pm?

Can you "get by" without dipping in a pool? Many thanks! :)

PA
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: condo with a pool is a

You are correct in that it IS a personal preference as to whether or not you have a pool. When I go to the beach, it's for the beach, not a pool. We have a pool at home, but we don't have an ocean!

We stayed oceanfront last summer at the end of July. It was hot, but certainly not unbearable. There was generally a good breeze blowing. I didn't mind not having a pool at all. The rental next to us had a pool however, and the people staying there spent a good deal of time in it.

There are many people who won't rent a place without a pool, but also many who aren't looking for a pool, or who don't care one way or the other.

YOU have to decide how important of a factor it is for you and your group..

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
764 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: condo with a pool is a

I agree that it's more of a personal preference. If you like to be in the ocean, I'd say it's no big deal. I like to get in a little bit but am not big on going in too far. Therefore, I like having a pool to relax in. I don't have to have a pool, but if I like two places and they are comparable in price I would choose the place with the pool. However, I do not make it a point to have a pool. You will have a good time no matter if you have a pool or not.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: condo with a pool is a

People ask me a lot why so many want to have a pool and I tell them because they don't have one at home. They come here and rent to get things they don't have at home like hot tubs, pools, pool table/game rooms and things like that.

With that said, I would have less interest in a pool at a condo than at a private house just because I would feel better about who was in it.

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: condo with a pool is a

I think many people rent homes with pools, especially if they have kids, is for the convenience or a red flag day, on a rough surf day, on a windy sand-blowing day, on a cold ocean temp day, or just for convenience of a late afternoon dip without getting all sandy.

We had many red flag days last summer, and since the winds blew SW most all of the summer, the ocean temps were cold, not cool.

If I were renting a cottage, I'd have a pool.

A condo, same reasons for a pool apply, but I have the same issues as OBX200.

5. Re: condo with a pool is a

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 16, 2010