We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-responsive owners

Miami
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Non-responsive owners

I was disappointed, nonplussed, and extremely surprised that though I attempted to contact several "vacation rentals" owners listed on this site (and also on other sites including property specific web sites), in many cases I received no response.

My questions were very specific to each individual property, not a "mass mailing" kind of inquiry that might turn some owners off.

I'm not sure why owners bother to list their properties and then ignore prospective renters.

If this is the way the owner treats you when you're trying to rent, imagine how bad the service might be if you had a problem in one of their homes.

In the meantime, one person's loss is another's gain - we are going to be in Waynesville for 3 nights next week and very much looking forward to it.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-responsive owners

I agree. You'd think the way the economy is affecting the tourism industry, responses would be quick and courteous. I can't imagine why you would be ignored.

I hope you enjoy your trip! Waynesville is great, too!

illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-responsive owners

Thats really strange. We are from ILlinois and have been planning a trip to north carolina the maggie valley area for months. I have had great response from all of the cabin/rental owners that Ihave sent emails to. We did eventually go with a rental in Waynesville only because we found a cabin that was exactly what we wanted. But, did have some great correspondance with the rental owners in maggie valley. I"m sorry that you had such a crummy experience. From what I understand its going to be just as nice in Waynesville. I'm glad you found someone to respond to you. We absolutely love VRBO. Hope you have a great trip.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-responsive owners

I, too have not received replies to some inquires I've made over the years to vacation rental homes on rent-by-owner type websites. But overall, in over 10 years of reserving vacation homes all over the country through these websites, I've found most homeowners do reply promptly, and the homes I've rented through these websites have been far superior to vacation properties we've stayed in rented through Realtors/property management companies.

Yet I have wondered, like you, why some homeowners don't reply.

Last year I finally talked my husband into trying VRBO to rent our own beach home. I can see both sides now. While I always reply, (since I know how it feels to not get a reply) sometimes I just want to scream at some of the many inquires I get. Our home is in a popular NC beach location, so from early January through to the present I've received multiple inquires every day for prime summer weeks. Some days it has taken hours out of my day, to respond to all the inquires; but that's part of doing business, right?.... HOWEVER, my beach home has been booked solid for ALL the prime summer weeks since early March. My VRBO calendar is always kept up to date, so it shows that there is no availability until the last week in August. BUT, every day, I receive inquires wanting to rent weeks in June, July, and early August!!! I also constantly get inquires asking "where is this house located?" "How many beds you do have?" "is this house on the ocean?" etc. etc. ALL of this information is front and center on my VRBO page. The map on my VRBO page zooms from beyond island level right to the house; it can't get any clearer. I list how many beds, and what size beds, 3 different times in my listing.

People simply do not read!!!

I'm not saying you've done anything wrong; I just want to urge anyone inquiring on these rent from homeowners type vacation rentals websites, to PLEASE check the homeowners' calendar, and read through all the info. the homeowner has on their page before inquiring about the vacation home. Looking back, some of the times I didn't receive a reply on a home I inquired about, was when I inquired about homes which, when I've read thoroughly, I discovered, they did not rent during the months I was inquiring about; or only rented monthly, not weekly. ...... So, I read through these rental pages much more carefully now, and I'm pleased to report that for every home I inquired about recently for our family's upcoming summer vacation in the Florida Keys, I received a prompt reply! I had our perfect Florida Keys vacation rental home picked out and reserved within a day! YAY!

Best Wishes!

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-responsive owners

Hey I am in the business as it were and I find more than 50% of the time I inquiry on VRBO or any other website for beach place that owners simply do not get it. They buy a beach house or cabin and a realtor whispers in their ear hey you could rent this and make it pay for itself.

The problem is with rent by ownr industry and property managers too is that fail time and time again to see they are lodging providers and you are the guest. They fail to see they are no different than a hotel and if you make your place available to stay, then you need to provide guest service from the first inquiry to check out. Your experience unfortunately is not isloated. It happens all the time to me.

Miami
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-responsive owners

Thanks for the insight folks. I really do try to read carefully and then ask questions, but I am amazed too at the things that owners don't necessarily think are important enough to put in a listing. For instance, I always want to know what floor the bedrooms are on and what size bed is in each bedroom.

At any rate, in this case, I was forced into digging deeper and ended up finding a place that was truly perfect - we will definitely be going back to this vacation rental in the future. So all's well that ends well.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non-responsive owners

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation!

7. Re: Non-responsive owners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley