We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Town In The Sky

georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Ghost Town In The Sky

Has anyone heard updates on the park opening this year? I can't find anything new about a 2011 season.

Tavares, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Ghost Town In The Sky

We just went to Ghost Town in the Sky today in Maggie Valley. It was absolutely dreadful. Their website is not a true reflection of this area. All but two of the kiddie rides were "under construction". The roller coaster clearly hasn't been used in many years and was overrun with weeds. Most of the buildings at the top (in the actual ghost town) were closed/inaccessible. You basically walked around looking at fake store fronts with old creepy mannequins in the windows. There was a lame 30 minute saloon show followed by a two minute cowboy "gun fight" in the street. The train/trolley going up to the ghost town was broken - the small train that goes around the exhibit at the top was being repaired so it was also out of service- we traveled up the chair lift to get there - spent about an hour and a half - and then were told that the chair lift was broken and we had to come back down in a hot, cramped shuttle bus. The only food you can purchase up there is cheese pizza slices, ice cream, or fudge. We spent $140.00 for a group of six on admission to go up there (if you want to try the zip line it is an extra $40 per person) and the moment we came back down we complained about the poor quality of this attraction and thankfully got all of our money back. My advice: Do NOT waste your time or money on this so called "attraction". It is a sad, unfortunate, out dated, hopeless mess.

Edited: 6:22 pm, July 18, 2013
Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Ghost Town In The Sky

We where in Maggie Valley on Saturday July 20th. When we passed by Ghost Town there was maybe 25 to 30 cars in the parking lot. The chair lift was running, the inclined tracks ripped up and we did not see anybody at the lower zip line towers. From talking to a few people in town that had went to Ghost Town they where not happy.

Maggie Valley...
1 post
Save Reply
53. Re: Ghost Town In The Sky

Word is that Ghost Town will reopen this year. With gun fights and saloon girls,,, The coaster is still down but the place has been renovated. We are Maggie Valley Gem Mine. Our store is at the foot of the mountain with a roller coaster. We Hope that the word on the street is correct. We all look forward to the fun of the western theme park in the heart of the smoky mountains. But if she don't open... Stop by Maggie Valley Gem Mine, Rockin' Rock Shop & Photography on the Roll. Just mention Ghost Town Talk and get a 10% discount!

And remember Maggie Miner says... " Guaranteed Find Every time".

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Ghost Town In The Sky

I've been there several times. You have a great shop!

55. Re: Ghost Town In The Sky

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, July 01, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley