We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube World

Which Maggie Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tube World

Has anyone been to the Tube World this season? We are considering coming Thursday and going home the same day. How busy is this place considering it's New Years? Is it worth the trip (4 1/2 hrs)? I see the weather is calling for icy rain (but that is subject to change) do they still operate in the rain? The kids won't care, but I don't want a wasted trip if they are gonna be closed.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube World

We haven't been there this season yet. We go every February. It may be worthwhile for you to get a reasonably priced hotel in Maggie Valley for one night rather than travel back home 4 1/2 hours after tubing. I have seen some hotels as low as $45. We travel from Atlanta just to tube - however, the last couple of years we've been getting enough snow at home! But we still tube every year just to have a get-a-away in the winter. We stay the night before tubing and the night after tubing. We have been tubing during the rain and they are still open. I suppose it would depend on how much rain and whether there is lightning. If you can, get there early in the morning - you can buy tickets for the same day at any times they have open. If you wait to get passes until the time you want to go, they may already be full if it's during a busy day. Try calling the telephone number on the website for more info.

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube World

Thanks!

Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube World

They will not close because of rain, but be there "early" in the morning to buy your sessions....It's very, very busy right now and there is a possibility of selling out the whole day quickly….

Have fun

Gabi

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tube World

Wow, that was fun! We arrived around 10:30am on Friday and just happened to get the last couple of tickets for the 12:00pm session. Hubby and I took the niece and nephew and hubby's sister. We also took our 5 month old. They were nice enough to let me borrow hubby's tube 2 times during the session to slide down the slope, since we had the baby both of us could not tube and we only did one session. We hope to make another trip in late January, pending the weather. In my efforts to try and tell the kids about this place, I told them that is was just a hill on the side of the road, they were still think of the big snow hill "amusement park", boy you should have seen their faces when we pulled up, kinda of a disappointed look, but they were asking to come back before we even left! So much fun!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tube World

I'm glad to hear everyone had fun :) Can't wait to go myself !

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tube World

There was a HUGE crowd on Thursday, Dec 30. It looked like there was a spill-over crowd on the sloping pasture where 276 intersects Soco Rd, too. We had a blast snow boarding at our house!

7. Re: Tube World

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, July 04, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley