We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cataloochee Ski Area open for 2010/11 season

Which Maggie Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cataloochee Ski Area open for 2010/11 season

Hello skiers, snowboarders and snow lovers. I just want to let you all know, that Cataloochee Ski Area in Maggie Valley is open for 2010/11 season. Please check their schedule at www.cataloochee.com, they are on reduced operation schdule for now.

New huge promotion this year: KIDS SKI FREE PROGRAM. Please check for details www.kidsskifree.com

Also Sunday, December 5

Cataloochee / Haywood Christian Ministries Can-U-Ski Food and Coat Drive

Help them give back to the local community by bringing 10 cans of food or warm winter jacket of good quality and receive your lift ticket on that Sunday from 8:30am-4:30pm for free. It’s a $56 value! 8:30am – 4:30pm.

Come to visit Maggie Valley for lots of fun.

Gabi

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cataloochee Ski Area open for 2010/11 season

Thanks for that information, Gabi! Have fun AND support those in need! What could be better?

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cataloochee Ski Area open for 2010/11 season

How does Cataloochee Ski Area compare to Ober Gatlinburg? We are coming up for Christmas and want to take the kids and let them snow ski and snowboard.Just wondering which one is better for beginners.

Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cataloochee Ski Area open for 2010/11 season

I am sorry, but I don't have much information on Ober, I have never been there. Just heard it's quite smaller. Cataloochee has an excellent ski school and definitely great slopes for beginners. You can ski on the beginner’s slopes and have lot of fun, go from the top with an intermediate experience or take more advanced run. There are many options there. Have fun

Gabi

4. Re: Cataloochee Ski Area open for 2010/11 season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, May 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley