We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluffs Lodge

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Bluffs Lodge

I hear Bluffs Lodge is closed, has anyone definite information? It would be a shame to abandon such a characterful place, and a bigger shame to replace it with architectural misfits as per Peaks of Otter & Pisgah.

3 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluffs Lodge

I don't think it is permanently closed. Isn't it just closed until the road work is finished on the Parkway? That whole section has been closed for reconstruction of walls, I believe. Scheduled to be completed this summer according to the BRP website.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluffs Lodge

The comments I saw referred to a recent series of one year leases on the property. That, understandably, led to a lack of maintenance investment which, in turn, is making the property undesirable to prospective operators.

There doesn't seem to be much information on the web, certainly no one has yet posted "bookings now being taken" or "we have taken over and will open after refurbishment" notices.

While Bluffs Lodge lacks any opulence it more than makes up for it with it's great character, hence my planned return trip this autumn/fall.

By the way, any hints as to best time for autumn/fall colours/colors?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluffs Lodge

I hate it, but it Is closed.

I'll miss the cobbler

Reply to: Bluffs Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Laurel Springs
Recent Conversations