We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1927 Lake Lure Inn versus Esmeralda

atlanta
6 posts
Save Topic
1927 Lake Lure Inn versus Esmeralda

I am looking to book an anniversary weekend for my husband and I in Lake Lure. Need help deciding between the Lake Lure Inn and the Esmeralda. The Esmeralda looks a little nicer based on the website, but it seems there are more restaurants/bars to choose from at the Inn. Have been to the Chimney Rock area before, but have never stayed on Lake Lure. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1927 Lake Lure Inn versus Esmeralda

IMO 1927 Lake Lure Inn has some great rooms & some really bad ones. Also, could be noisy if wedding or reunion guests take most of the rooms.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49268-d250894-…

I would splurge on the Lodge - if it is your anniversary:

http://www.lodgeonlakelure.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49268-d118745-…

Also nice, less expensive would be Grafton Lodge...

www.graftonlodge.com/index.php…

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1927 Lake Lure Inn versus Esmeralda

We stayed at both this past weekend, not even close. We prefer Esmeralda. Nicer, and cleaner.

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1927 Lake Lure Inn versus Esmeralda

The Spot of the current Esmeralda Inn is the oldest location in the area. Before Lake Lure and Chimney Rock existed, the Esmeralda was known as being the earliest stage coach stop. The area was actually called Esmeralda. Although the Inn has had two misfortunes and burned to the ground. The new Inn has all of the charm of the original Inn with the added comfort of today. From the point you enter the lobby to climbing into the beds you will understand why the Esmeralda is getting such nice reviews. They even have a really cool game room.

Good luck on your research.

4. Re: 1927 Lake Lure Inn versus Esmeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 28, 2011