We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seafood buffets?

Which Kitty Hawk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
367 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
seafood buffets?

Can anyone suggest a good seafood buffet? We continue to look for one each year we are at OBX but can't ever do so. We are willing to drive from Corolla to Buxton area to find one! Thanks much for your help!

Baltimore
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: seafood buffets?

There's one in Kill Devil Hills on the bypass....but it's TERRIBLE!!!! There were vats of day old melted butter along with shellfish that was purportedly from the sea. I can't recall the name (I've tried to block it out) but I do remember that it looked like a tiki hut from the outside.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
731 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seafood buffets?

I don't know what kind of seafood you are looking for. We love crab legs and that's ALL we eat when we go. Each year when we visit we go to Jimmy's Seafood Buffet in Kitty Hawk. We only eat the king crab and snow crab legs - and they are wonderful.

However, unless you get there bright and early (they open around 2:30 - 3:00 pm) you will have a wait of one to two hours in the summertime (it doesn't matter what day of the week it is). The inside is very crowded, and whenever we've eaten there - there has always been food/crab shells on the floor (I think they only clean the floor once per day - at closing). If you can get past that - go for it.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
367 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seafood buffets?

Thanks for the info on Jimmy's Buffet. We had tried the one in Corolla a few years back and it was terrible so we were a little put off on trying the other one. The one in Corolla has since closed which just goes to show how horrible it was!! We just returned back home from our OBX vacation on Sunday and we will be heading to Ocean City Maryland within the next couple weeks where seafood buffets are plentiful and EXCELLENT! Gives us something to look forward to! Thanks again for your input!

4. Re: seafood buffets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kitty Hawk