We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina Designs

new jersey
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Carolina Designs

We are planning a family trip next August. This is our first time in the Outer Banks. Has any one dealt with Carolina Design Realtor agency? We found a nice house and after reading the blog, I hope I picked an honest rental agency? It really is mind boggling going through all the realtors and houses. Alot of work goes into it.

Mentioned in this post
Outer Banks
Outer Banks
North Carolina Coast, NC
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carolina Designs

Go to the "momma" North Carolina forum and you'll get posts from up and down the OBX, as well as all NC. In the little empty box on top fo the of the post subjects do a word search....rental company, Carolina Designs....whatever. You'll find the recommendations lots of people made to people in just your situation. When you look at NC you will pick up info from all the places near KDH to give you even more help.

We've liked ResortQuest and Village Realty and one that just dealt with Corolla.

Don't worry, it looks like Carolina Designs is good. I've admired their homes online.

All the best!

Mentioned in this post
North Carolina
North Carolina
United States
OBX Campground
OBX Campground
48 Reviews
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Archdale, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carolina Designs

I have friends who rented through Carolina Design last summer and had a good experience. They said that they would recommend the agency to you.

new jersey
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carolina Designs

Thanks. Makes me feel better. I am still going to do a search. Any more advice about going to the Outer Banks. This our very first trip there, (always went to Myrtle Beach) and I really want everyone to be happy.

Thanks again for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Outer Banks
Outer Banks
North Carolina Coast, NC
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carolina Designs

Go to the NC forum and look at all the OBX posts listed by their town...or some with OBX questions posted directly on the NC forun....so you will cover all the nearby towns that you will go to to eat, do activities, have entertainment, etc.

We love Virginia Beach, the OBX and Myrtle Beach for different times, different moods, different groups. We feel the OBX is wonderfully quiet, peaceful, great family place. We love the large accommodations, private homes on or near the beach, the areas where we have a good bit of sand. We love all the family activities available and all the nature, the kite flyikng in the strong winds in the evening, visits to historic sites and lots of natural ones....canoeing, kayaking, eco stuff...flying over areas for fun to get the ecological feel for the area. The ponies up north, not so wild anymore I guess but thankfully protected and interesting.

We like seeing the fantastic mansions with countless bedrooms and endless bathrooms...and the slightly worn beach cottages too.

The beachfront is wonderful and pretty affordable if you can go a bit off season; but many of the "oceanside" homes have terrific views of the ocean. The soundside can be beautiful and natural and we love soundfront with the sound so wide it may as well be ocean and the most beautiful sunsets.

Yes, a lot of work goes into planning a trip. Once you get the hang of it though, get a reliable company or two, get a favorite area or two or three...a few favorite houses...people go back annually. Their kids have their "Corolla friends" or whereever you wind up, people who choose the same week every year, year after year.

It's a wonderful laid back relaxing place.

Mentioned in this post
OBX Campground
OBX Campground
48 Reviews
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
5. Re: Carolina Designs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills