We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery shopping

Which Kill Devil Hills hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
grocery shopping

I am traveling with a group of friends to the Outer Banks in a couple of weeks and we were wondering where the best place is to go graocery shopping nearby?

Keep in mind we are a large group, so we need a Supermarket, not just a little grocery store or food mart...

Thanks!

Anna

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grocery shopping

Anna, there are plenty of Food Lion supermarkets on the OBX. There are two Harris Teeter 's and a Seamark, too. Smaller Mom & Pop groceries are located south of Rodanthe, plus one in Nags Head just before the split off to South Old Oregon Inlet Road. Callahan's or Calhoon's is the name (I think). Don't forget to stop off at Morris' farm stand and pick up some fruits and veggies. There's a bunch of farm tractors off to the side of the road before you get there. Plus, free delicious samples!!! Bring some canned and boxed goods with you, that'll save you some $$.

Steve

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
731 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grocery shopping

In Kill Devil Hills, you would shop at one of the several Food Lions or the new Harris Teeter (haven't been in that yet). Be prepared, it will be a zoo on Saturday and Sunday (these being the main check in days).

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grocery shopping

We just arrived home from Kill Devil Hills this morning. There are a couple of Food Lions in the area and I was surprised with the cheap prices.

Ask for the guest card when checking out. There are specials throughout the store if you have the MVP card (or called something like that). The cashiers have a guest card they will swipe for you. Using the guest card took $20.00 off our total for in store coupons. We picked up some fresh boiled spicey shrimp that was delicious. It was on sale for $4.00 a lb.

We spotted the the Harris Teeter's on the way out so we did not have a chance to check that one out. I think that store is near MP 10?

4. Re: grocery shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills