We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huntersville/Concord/Monroe motel/hotel question!

Which Huntersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Huntersville/Concord/Monroe motel/hotel question!

Similar to a question someone asked nearly 2 years ago- I'm going to be going to the NASCAR race (Coca Cola 600) in Charlotte in May. From May 25-28th. Are there any decent priced rooms around? I see some vacancy but honestly, $200 a night at the Mircotel Inn isn't what I would like to do. I would like to stay within 45 mins from the track if not less. Anyone know anything about the Best Value Inn in Monroe, NC? It is cheap but that almost causes me to worry. Any help would be great!

Level Contributor
455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huntersville/Concord/Monroe motel/hotel question!

For the race...unless you're staying on Speedway Blvd...everything is more than 45 minutes away. Monroe is a pretty good drive from the track. I would say it is close than 45 minutes in the best of driving conditions. Sorry I don't know anything about the Best Value. I would look to see if there was anything in Salisbury or Gastonia if I were going to stay a ways away from the track.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
171 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Huntersville/Concord/Monroe motel/hotel question!

I've got to say that the Charlotte/Concord/Mooresville area hotels are making tons of money off race fans on race weekends! Good luck finding something under $150! The hotels' jacked up prices are incredible!

We usually stay at the Sleep Inn in Mooresville, that runs about $75 during the week and goes up to $165+ Thurs-Sun of race weekend. That being said, its a very nice hotel and we've never had any problems there. Its not that hard to get to the track either. We've also stayed at the Hampton Inn in Mooresville and its just as nice (can't remember the prices there).

3. Re: Huntersville/Concord/Monroe motel/hotel question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 30, 2009