We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Point, NC

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
High Point, NC

We are going furniture shopping in High point in a few weeks. Would anyone recommend getting a guide to help navigate the stores?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: High Point, NC

My wife is from the area and we're up there a lot. We were just talking the other day - you really don't get many good deals there anymore except right after market. So much of the furniture is imported anyway. But, there are a lot stores there so you can see lots of furniture. Also- The Hickory Furniture Mart in Hickory, NC is a better place to go in my opinion - it has many stores under one roof - a furniture mall. You might wish to hop on I-40 and zip over there. A guide? Wow- who offers that service? That's news to me. Well, if the price is right, we'll come do it! LOL. Best wishes.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Point, NC

There are several companies that offer this service, one is called Where you need to go , and another is Kev's Taylor tour. They offer design services as well as navigating the stores to your taste of furniture. I have no idea what they charge. I thought the deals were 40% off retail...Not so? We will definatly check out the Mall...Any other suggestions?? Where to eat, is Winston-Salem worth the trip? Etc...Thanks in advance

North Carolina
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Point, NC

Forget the Furniture Mart too expensive. Head up 321-N out of hickory towards Boone and you'll find tons of discount furn. stores that will have same stuff as in furniture mart, however at significant discounts!

They call this the 20 Miles of Furniture!

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Point, NC

Thanks.....We'll head to Boone

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: High Point, NC

Just a note about the mart....we are not high-end buyers either but we got a great deal on a Kingsdown pillow top mattress at the Hickory Furniture Mart...and a wonderful table for next to nothing. Yes, they have high-end but I think it's worth a stop to look. Some of the stores run great sales. JMHO.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High Point, NC

We will be there for 3 days so we should have plenty of time to do both..Thanks for all the advise.

7. Re: High Point, NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2009