We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in the High Point University area

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in the High Point University area

Just wanting to know about the crime in this area. If you can be honest, my daughter is thinking of coming to HP for college, and just want to see how good or bad the crime in this area is? I know the city seems to have higher than state and national averages, but seeing the school is so nice, we still want to consider it, and think, that under normal conditions and precautions, that it isn't a big problem. Can you walk off campus at night? etc

Thanks in advance

Art

Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in the High Point University area

Art,

I'm usually reviewing hotels, so this is a new one for me! I live between High Point and Greensboro and have friends who have children at HPU. I understand your concern, but in all that I hear from friends, HPU is a uber-safe place. I think there would be no problems walking off campus at night, but there is really just residential areas around the campus. I see the HPU busses taking students to shops and stuff around town too, so i think there are plenty of opportunities for students to get out and about.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in the High Point University area

We werent able to look around the area of the University as we were traveling to see Wake Forest shortly afterwards, but are there any restaurants, shops, and bars for the older students near campus?

Is there an entertainment area of High Point for students, and the younger crowd, or do they have to go to Greensboro or Old Salem?

Thank you by the way

Art

Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in the High Point University area

I'd guess that within a 5 -10 minute drive there are a dozen good restuaruants and a few bars that students like. There's a main street and a Palladium shopping area that are probably the most utilized by the students.

4. Re: Safety in the High Point University area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 26, 2016