We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contemporary furniture in High Point?

Which High Point hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
335 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Contemporary furniture in High Point?

I am considering a trip to North Carolina to find contemporary furniture for my new home. Is it worth the trip?

26 replies to this topic
NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

Hmmm...actually I'd look at IKEA for contemporary furniture. But I am sure you'll find some pieces in HP. Best wishes.

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
335 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

Looked at Ikea. Questionable quality! I am looking for higher end.

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

I assume you're contemplating a significant furniture purchase-otherwise why would you be considering a 5-day trip down to NC from MA, right?

So given that this is a serious endeavor you're contemplating, I'd recommend considering retaining the services of a shopping concierge to assist you. There are numerous shopping concierge services available in High Point.

The pros of retaining a shopping concierge in your case are numerous: a) the concierge will readily know which stores/showrooms offer your "style" and can customize an efficient, organized tour through them based on your needs and budget, b) concierge services have access to private showrooms which you as a member of the public cannot enter, c) most concierge services also offer in-house interior design assistance and will remind you to bring crucial info (measurements, swatches, etc.) and d) most concierge services will actually chauffeur you around to the showrooms.

And no, I'm not a shopping concierge nor do I personally know any of them. ;-)

As far as actual stores, I don't know of any specific High Point showrooms catering expressly to the contemporary-minded shopper, but one store I'd recommend hitting if you come down on a DIY trip is Furnitureland South. They're huge, open to the public and do offer some contemporary lines.

http://www.furniturelandsouth.com/

Also, over here in Winston-Salem (~20 minute drive from HP) there are several smaller stores carrying contemporary lines that you might consider visiting during your trip...ContempConcepts and Dynasty Furniture. ContempoConcepts focuses on upper-end contemporary lines while Dynasty offers discounted stuff.

http://www.contempoconcepts.com/

http://www.dynastyfurniture.com/

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

^ Gotta agree, EPIC is right on the money--if you're not familiar with the area, and you're planning to spend big bucks, a concierge is money well spent, a no-brainer. They'll save you time and money, and they'll help target your search to find exactly what you want.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

I understand... you do realize almost no furniture sold in HP is made in NC anymore? Almost all of it...as is most of IKEA's...is Asian made.

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

Before you purchase modern furniture in Los Angeles, there are some key features you ought to seek out while browsing stores. You'd find various types of contemporary furniture in Los Angeles, from Italian bedroom furniture to modern sofas and chairs. First, consider what type of furniture is needed and how you'd like to accessorize each room. Determine a budget for your purchase so you can speak with a sales associate about modern furniture within your price range. Make quality a priority because you'll likely keep your furniture for many years.

http://www.italy2000usa.com

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

Wow are you a long way from your target audience.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

high point us not your destination for modern.....period...all they have is this asian made boring style stuff

Long Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

Outstanding contemporary furniture I have found in the site idealfurniturestore

You can check the above site to get outstanding contemporary furniture for your home.

Please share your experience with me.

You can share decoration ideas with me as well.

Raleigh, North...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Contemporary furniture in High Point?

Hi, I am looking for a very good leather white sofa...Please if you have anything like that , please give me an email

Thanks, Faye

Reply to: Contemporary furniture in High Point?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted