We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brevard vs hendersonville

Independence,ky
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
brevard vs hendersonville

Hello,

We are planning to visit Dupont state forest and the surrounding area in late July.

Is it best to stay in Brevard or Hendersonville? Or even Flatrock.

We have 2 teenagers, and we are looking for the best location with lots to do.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brevard vs hendersonville

Either are fine but i would opt for Hendersonville or Flat Rock due to proximity to Asheville. Just a little more to do, also.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: brevard vs hendersonville

Hendersonville has more amenities. Staying Etowah would put you half between Brevard and H'Ville. And, closer to hiking. We rented a house there one summer through VRBO. Etowah Valley Golf Lodger also has some nice lodging. H'Ville and Flat Rock bump into each other. LOL - you really won't know when you go back and forth between them without seeing a sign.

Edited: 6:42 am, June 07, 2012
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: brevard vs hendersonville

You mention Dupont Forest (just that forest?) but also things to do, which many are taking to mean things like restaurants, shopping, etc. Just what do you want to do?

Hendersonville is a bigger town and, as mentioned, close to Asheville (though you don't mention Asheville at all). We frankly enjoyed Brevard more than Hendersonville. Less traffic, more scenic. More scenic than Etowah, IMHO. Several good restaurants in the downtown area. Pisgah Forest next door (in case you're open to more than one national forest). Lots of waterfalls, and the Blue Ridge Parkway nearby. We don'tknow your kids and their interests. We stayed in a Hampton Inn in the town of Pisgah Forest and visited Brevard several times. Stayed there almost a week. Then moved to another hotel just outside Asheville. Glad we did. Don't miss Chimney Rock State Park!

Edited: 4:47 pm, June 07, 2012
Independence,ky
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: brevard vs hendersonville

Thanks for the info, the first thing that drew our interest to the areawas Dupont state forest, but I am also interested in Pisgah forest , and after reading about the area saw there were many draws to the area, that is why i inquired, I wasn't sure if there is a big difference in H'ville or Brevard.. I think like you I would like an area with less traffic.

NC
Level Contributor
459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: brevard vs hendersonville

In the summer - you won;t find that much traffic difference really - both have lots of tourists. Brevard generates a lttle traffic with people going to Cradle of Forestry, Waterfall looking, white water rafting, and the college arts events.... H'Ville is a little bigger and probably a little more traffic - but I wouldn't make the decision to stay in either place solely on traffic. Pick the spot nearest where you want to be and what type of accommodations you want.

6. Re: brevard vs hendersonville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 16, 2013