We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol and Crabs

falls church va
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol and Crabs

We are down here in Avon right now vacationing. I thought I'd let anyone who might be coming down know 2 things I learned down here.

#1 They do not serve alcohol down here. You can only get beer and wine. And on Sundays you can't buy beer and wine until after 12 pm.

#2 If you're looking for blue crabs forget about it. None of the seafood markets have them. One of the guy's at Risky Business Seafood said that all the crabermen are quiting so none of the shops can even get them.

I just thought I'd let some of the future vacationer know about these. Cause if you order a bloody mary it's made with wine.....and they don't tell you before hand.

NC
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Alcohol and Crabs

Oh Goodness! Based on the title of this thread, I thought I was going to read a sorry tale about how the over consumption of alcohol led to the aquisition of crabs. :-)

12. Re: Alcohol and Crabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 12, 2009