We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

N.C. 12 will reopen no later than Tuesday, Oct. 11

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
N.C. 12 will reopen no later than Tuesday, Oct. 11

The N.C. Department of Transportation will reopen N.C. 12 no later than Tuesday, Oct. 11

hope is to open before then, but right now we are confident work will be complete on or before the 11th”, said resident engineer Pablo Hernandez. “We will open to road earlier if we can.

Chicago
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: N.C. 12 will reopen no later than Tuesday, Oct. 11

When I called yesterday, that is the information that they told me too! I really hope it opens! If not, I guess we are not going to be getting to Avon! : ( Called and all ferry times are booked up during the days we are planning to go!

Chicago
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: N.C. 12 will reopen no later than Tuesday, Oct. 11

Read on NCDOT website that N.C. 12 opened at 5 p.m. tonight! Yay!!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: N.C. 12 will reopen no later than Tuesday, Oct. 11

Word on OINC this weekend is to be prepared for unannounced delays with the new bridge for the next several weeks. Still better than going around to Swan Quarter!

4. Re: N.C. 12 will reopen no later than Tuesday, Oct. 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Hatteras Island