We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

cmt
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

Was wondering if either one of these BBq's are still open??? We wanted to get a cooked pig in August. Can you recomend any other place for a pig?? Thankyou

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

Never was a fan of Bubba's and have not seen any good reviews either my choice would be Sooey's

http://sooeysbbq.com/

mixed reviews

Not sure if Bubba's is still open

Hatteras Island...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

Bubba passed a few years back and the business was sold and stayed in operation for a few years after, but no longer..

Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

Bubba passed away 12 years ago. He was my dad and when he was gone there was NO more BBQ on Hatteras. Good luck finding anything like it.

Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

Bubba passed away 12 years ago, he was my dad. Good luck finding anything that would compare. The restaurant has turned about 3x and now is a seafood/bar.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

Sorry to hear about your dad. I've been visiting Hatteras Island for close to 30 years. I remember stopping there to eat both as a teenager and then taking my own family there later. We always loved it.

NY, NY
Level Contributor
339 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

I 've missed the real Bubba's for years since Bubba passed, including for years prior to its final demise. If you are going to be on Hatteras, check on whether or not Sooey's in Frisco is still open. I thought it was closed, and their website does not list it except on some old graphics, so give them a call. Their Nag's Head branch is a long way off. Also, while they do catering, their catering menu does not list whole hog, so that is another thing to check on. If you find other bbq options on Hatteras, I would love to know.

Solomons Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

Sorry to hear your loss; the bbq was a family favorite and we all still have t-shirts from the place from years ago.

8. Re: Bubba's BBQ Frisco and Avon are they open for bussiness???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 03, 2013