We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public boat ramps

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
public boat ramps

i know i posted this before,

Can i please have some locations of public boat ramps in avon,buxton,frisco or hatteras. thanks!

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public boat ramps

There are marinas in Frisco and Hatteras not sure if there is a public one in Avon.

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Hatteras Island, NC
Hatteras
Hatteras
Hatteras Island, NC
Avon
Avon
Hatteras Island, NC
Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: public boat ramps

fishin: thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately I have to book our rental home for this summer ASAP because they get booked fast!

Last summer we stayed in a canalfront home in askins creek, Avon. We loved the location-close to canadian hole and beach .But the water was very shallow definitely to shallow for a boat or even a kayak at times!

Should we stay in brigand's bay Frisco (the house has a boat dock and i believe its deeper water) I'm not sure the driving time to the beach?

Or should I stick with using the public boat ramps?

Mentioned in this post
Avon
Avon
Hatteras Island, NC
Frisco
Frisco
Hatteras Island, NC
South Carolina
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public boat ramps

You posted awhile ago, but I thought I would respond just in case you still needed information.

We own a home in Brigand's Bay. Here is what we tell folks about the canals:

The inlet to the neighborhood has a depth of 1.5 to 2.5 feet depending on weather and tide. Skiffs or shallow draft boats are recommended.

The closest boat launch is:

Scotch Bonnet Candies and Marina

Street Address

P.O. Box 70, Highway 12

Frisco, NC 27936

United States

http://marinas.com/view/marina/4437

We haven't had any issues getting our boat in and out of the canals, but the water is shallow in the sound, so I would say a depth finder is a must and careful boating in and out from the marina.

I am just a passenger on the boat though, but if you need more info let me know and I'll get the captain to give you more info. :)

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Hatteras Island, NC
United States
United States
North America
4. Re: public boat ramps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 27, 2009