We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! What to do on a rainy day?

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP!!! What to do on a rainy day?

I'm staying in Avon for a week starting this Sunday the 26th. The 10 day forecast shows scattered thunderstorms for everyday!!!! I'm so disappointed bc I rented bikes,kayaks and boogieboards for the week!!! What is there to do in Hatteras Island on a rainy day?!!!

NC
Level Contributor
475 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!! What to do on a rainy day?

I don't think I would be to worried about scattered thunderstorms...that doesn't mean it going to rain all day. Here in the south the forecast from June through mid-September is upper 80s or 90s with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

As far as things to do...there are many little shops to visit around the island to visit or you could make the hour ride back to Nags Heads for even more choices or go to Manteo to see the aquarium. That truthfully is all I've got. When it rains we usually play games with the family or if there aren't any kids we have adult beverages, play cards and enjoy good company.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!! What to do on a rainy day?

I echo maddog and will add we have rented movies or actually gone to the movies.... Head to the Outlet Mall..... Trek over to the Lighthouse..... Walk the beach in the light rain.....

3. Re: HELP!!! What to do on a rainy day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 08, 2009