We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on relocating to Wilmington, NC.

Baltimore, MD
1 post
Save Topic
Advice on relocating to Wilmington, NC.

Advice on quality neighborhoods near UNCW? I heard not to cross the bridge due to traffic. Is this true? Any other items to watch for?

Wilmington
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on relocating to Wilmington, NC.

I dunno anything about the area. I'm relocating this summer for 3 months for an internship. Anyone got any advice?

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on relocating to Wilmington, NC.

Your best bet is to contact a realtor. The neighborhoods right next to UNCW were in the past (10 years) really nice, but since families have grown older and children grown up, they have started renting out the houses to students, causing a bit of an uproar.

If you have a family or are a single professional, I would recommend some of the neighborhoods in the Ogden area. You'd be anywhere from 15-20 minutes (depending on the time of day) from UNCW.

Windemere is a nice older neighborhood with some new areas just being built about 10 minutes from UNCW. Of course, Mayfaire and Landfall are higher priced areas that are fabulous.

The bridge? Well, if you live over the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge count on at least a 30-45 minute drive on a weekday morning, depending on the time. It's much cheaper in Brunswick County, but you are living outside of Wilmington. Yes, the bridge is a pain. There is also the Isabelle Holmes bridge that can get you to Brunswick County and areas there to live- but it will still take you a while to get to UNCW since that is on the other side of town.

I see you are from Baltimore- it is a much different world here! :-) Hope you find what you are looking for.

Get answers to your questions about Hampstead