We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great restaurant in Greenville

Which Greenville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Great restaurant in Greenville

Had a great experience at University Chophouse on Saturday night. Very nice, classy, great food and service.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

Thanks! We'll check it out this week.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

For those of us who don't eat beef and love fish, have you found other great restaurants in Greenville, NC?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

My mother lives in Greenville and she reccommends Starlight Cafe. I have not been there myself, but they do have seafood dishes.

http://www.thestarlightcafe.net/id1.html

Also, I have heard good things about Plum Tree Bistro.

http://www.plumtreebistro.net/index.html

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

If you do not mind driving about 15 minutes from Greenville then try the Buzz Around in Farmville. Very good food and they have a piano player that does not mind taking requests. Also have outside seating which is great this time of year.

Menu is varied and should please most peoples taste. I eat in Greenville and surrounding towns and this is one of my favorite places to go and relax and enjoy the excellent food and a good glass of wine.

Hours are somewhat limited. They are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings for dinner, and Tuesday-Friday for lunch from 11:30-2.

Restaurant is located at 3750 South Main Street in Farmville. Telephone is 252-753-3959

biancachez
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

We like the Indian place downtown - Dale's. There are plenty of chicken and vegetarian dishes there. Its quite good. :-)

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

I went to Winslow's the last time I was in Greenville a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. I just went for lunch and the sandwiches are awesome! I had a ham and cheese that had some kind of raisin spread on it. I know it may sound strange, but I loved it. I would love to try it for dinner. It has a great atmosphere also. It's downtown and the building was recently rehabbed and was a former livery/ stable.

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

Sorry to say but the Buzz Around is no longer in business. A new restaurant opened recently called Plank Road Steak house and the food and service is very good. The have steak/seafood/chicken and etc. Well worth the drive to Farmville.

plankroadseakhouse@centrylink.net

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

I have found another nice restaurant here in Greenville that I would highly recommend. The restaurant is called Cafe Duo and is located in a strip center next to Pitt Community College on Memorial Drive. Beef, chicken, pasta, and fish entrees are excellent and the desserts are really good. The owner is a chef and he does all the cooking for lunch and dinner. His wife is a pastry chef so needless to say we love their desserts as well.

The restaurant is small so you might have to wait sometimes, but the food and service more than make up for the short waits.

Cafe Duo

4052 South Memorial Drive

Suite B, Greenville, NC 28590

(252) 439-2233

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

I have had lunch and dinner at Cafe Duo and it is great! Make reservations in the evening because the seating is limited. Not what you would expect to find in a strip center behind Ammco between a beauty supply and a billiard pub. Excellant!

Dale's is very good Indian food.

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great restaurant in Greenville

I have heard a lot of positive comments about Dale's, but so far have not been. Always willing to try new ethnic foods, but not quite sure what to order in some of these places. Do you have some favorites that you could suggest to take out some of the guess work?

Appreciate any suggestions/comments about possible menu selections.

Thanks