We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald Isle During Off Season?

Richmond, Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
Emerald Isle During Off Season?

My family is heading to Emerald Isle the beginning of September for the first time and we are curious if many of the restaurants are still open during this early off season time. Also, any recommendations for restaurants would be great! Thanks!

Chester, Virginia
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerald Isle During Off Season?

As far as I know, many shops and places do close earlier in the off season. However since people live there year round I believe most places will still be open, their hours just may change. I'm pretty sure you should have no problems at places like Rucker John's. Unfortunately I'm allergic to seafood so I can't give too many personal recommendations, but there are plenty of reviews on here for Emerald Isle and nearby areas (Beaufort, Morehead, Atlantic Beach, Swansboro).

Atlanta
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerald Isle During Off Season?

I've been going there three years now in September after Labor Day. Everything is still open, less tourists and shorter waits. Better sales sometimes.

Service may be somewhat slower - college kids gone for school. Labor pool smaller.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emerald Isle During Off Season?

This is not really off-season in my opinion. Everything will be open and this is actually the beginning of Peak season, weatherwise, and for fishing. You couldn't pick a better time to go.

Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emerald Isle During Off Season?

The rated drop and the crowds are gone EI is a great beach destination in the off season. There are plenty of restaurants still open in the offseason. Both on the island and in Swansboro. I had dinner in September at the Ice House in Swansboro and it was very good. I also like the Riverside in Seansboro

Edited: 11:10 pm, September 27, 2013
Emerald Isle, North...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Emerald Isle During Off Season?

Restaurants and businesses in Emerald Isle stay open during the off-season but are generally closed 1-2 days a week and have shorter hours. I would recommend checking Google or Facebook (since these are generally updated more frequently) or calling businesses directly regarding store hours. Peak season here is Memorial Day-Labor Day. The Village Market is consistently good. Hope this helps!

6. Re: Emerald Isle During Off Season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Emerald Isle