We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly and places to stay at Emerald Isle?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pet friendly and places to stay at Emerald Isle?

My wife and I are looking to stay where the beaches are not too pet friendly next September. We have always gone to Hatteras Island and are looking to go to a new area. Any suggestions on where to stay?

emeraldisle,nc
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet friendly and places to stay at Emerald Isle?

Hey,

I have to say from your post that I am a bit confused by your choice of words.

Emerald Isle is pet friendly in that some rentals do allow pets, most do not. Must be stated in rental description of house or condo if it is a pet friendly house or not. There is a leash law in effect. Dogs are not allowed to run or roam free anywhere. There is currently not a cat restriction that I know of, there are some feral cats, but not a nuisance. So to say, I am not sure if you want pets or not.

Emerald Isle is very much a family beach. Not to many hotel/condo type housing areas that put a lot of people on the beach. Mainly private homes that are on rental programs through the Real Estate companies on the island. The island is about 22 miles long so you need to think about what area of the island you want. You can go from very private and quiet to some busier areas. Just depends on what you want. All very clean, the water is great with nice wide sandy beaches.

Good luck.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet friendly and places to stay at Emerald Isle?

Thank you. We have had problems the last two years with dogs at Hatteras Island. We have a dog and love our pet. My problem is people that do not obey leash laws and do not clean up after their pets. Neither of these has been enforced on Hatteras for at least the last two years. We have been going to Hatteras for seventeen years and will not go back because of this.

emeraldisle,nc
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet friendly and places to stay at Emerald Isle?

Hey,

I understand completely. The beaches here are patrolled regularly and it seems everything is under control. From September to May vehicles are allowed on the beach with purchased passes. There are several good real estate companies. Emerald Isle realty(emeraldislerealty.com), Bluewater gmac(ToLiveAtTheBeach.com) and Spinnakers Reach (spinnakersreach.com). Some homes have private pools, golf carts, community pools. Most companies offer virtual tours of the houses so I would recommend checking several houses out.

Activities : www.nccoast.com

www.emeraldisle-nc.org

ncaquariums.com (at Pine Knoll SHores)

www.crystalcoastnc.org

Have fun.

4. Re: Pet friendly and places to stay at Emerald Isle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 29, 2010