We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Tobacco Historic District Shopping??

Which Durham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
American Tobacco Historic District Shopping??

My husband and daughter are going to be seeing Celtic Women at the DPAC and I was thinking of tagging along but wanted to see if there was any shopping, things to do while I waited for them within walking distance of the DPAC.

Thanks

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Tobacco Historic District Shopping??

The American Tobacco Campus is only a block from the DPAC and is definitely worth exploring. It is more a place to eat, have a beer or a coffee, people watch, or amuse your kids and yourself with the spectacular chain of falling water features than to shop. Best times to go are summer early Friday evenings featuring free musical events on the lawn. At all times the industrial remnants of the former Lucky Strike cigarette factory provide an interesting setting for the restaurants, bars, and high tech and high design businesses that are located there. If you have a few more minutes, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, home of the triple A Bulls baseball team is also less than a block from DPAC.

2. Re: American Tobacco Historic District Shopping??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, August 01, 2014